How can I reuse material during the holidays?
Here are some ideas:
- Use artificial trees or wreaths.
- Reuse the Sunday comics to wrap gifts.
- According to the EPA, about 40 percent of all battery sales occur during the holiday season. Buy rechargeable batteries to accompany your electronic gifts.
- Purchase lights wired in parallel so that even if one bulb burns out the strand can be used.
- Use reusable plates, cups and silverware instead of disposable ones.
- Shop at thrift stores.
Check out lots of other great ideas on the Recycle Guys web site.