MAJOR TASKS TO BE PERFORMED:
The intern(s) will help evaluate the Recycle Guys and RE3.org recycling campaigns. This will include: Creating surveys, conducting surveys and analyzing data. They will also utilize social media like Facebook, MySpace and YouTube to further promote RE3.org. This will include creating content for social media sites. The intern(s) will also be involved in project management including a recycling incentive project, a gaming contest and America Recycles Day. Staffing the RE3.org booth at various outreach events will also be included in work duties.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Utilize Survey Monkey to conduct surveys and/or print out hard copy surveys and conduct on-site and insert (if required) and analyze data in Excel
- Update our RE3.org accounts in MySpace, Facebook, Bebo, YouTube, Flikr, etc.
- Coordinate submissions and requests for information regarding the incentive project, a game contest and America Recycles Day.
- Staff the RE3.org booth at various fairs and festivals throughout NC (travel funding provided)
The position(s) is/are open to graduate or undergraduate students with a concentration in communications & marketing, environmental science, public administration, statistics or other related fields. Applicants should:
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Have great organizational skills
- Have a vehicle to drive to the fairs and/or festivals
- Have the ability to work some weekends for certain outreach events
- Have the ability to lift at least 25 pounds
Employment would begin this fall and possibly run through the summer of 2009. The student would need to work at least 10 hours per week during the school year. The position is located at 2728 Capital Blvd in Raleigh. The hourly wage will be between $11-13 per hour depending on experience.
Position is open until filled. If interested, please email a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 919-715-6507 with questions.