RE3.org Survey Results: Bele Chere Festival – July 2008
The Bele Chere festival is a three-day music festival in Asheville, N.C. It is important that we survey in the western part of the state because we don’t spend as much media dollars there.
- We surveyed 174 people.
- 65 percent of respondents were female and 29 percent were male.
- 58 percent were in the 18-34 age group (29 percent didn’t respond to this question).
- When asked about free time, the 18 to 34-year-old demographic likes to listen to music and be outside. The 35-49-year-old demographic likes to listen to music and be on the computer. The 50-64-year-old demographic likes to be on the computer, read books, watch TV and be outdoors (all a very close second).
- When asked about free time, females liked to listen to music, be on the computer and read books. Males liked to be on the computer, listen to music and be outdoors (both in order of preference).
- When asked how they get their news and information the 18-34 and the 35-49-year-old demographics said on the Internet and the radio. The 50-64-year-old demographic listens to the radio and watches TV.
- 43 percent of females get their news and information from the radio and 43 percent of males get their news and information from the Internet.
- Regarding brand recognition, 10 percent of participants had seen the RE3.org logo before and 40 percent had seen the Recycle Guys brand before.