6.18.2010

Intern introduction – Kristen and Chelsea

Kristen: Communications and Marketing intern
When I'm not working to encourage people to recycle, I'm taking care of my toddler son and nephew, running, painting or reading. My favorite books are Aldo Leopold's “A Sand County Almanac” and Margaret Mitchell's “Gone with the Wind.” My husband and I are high school sweethearts and have both lived in Raleigh since we were born. The things dearest to me are my family, my religion and my Earth.






Chelsea: Graphic Design Intern
Originally hailing from Queens, N.Y., I was raised in Cornelius, N.C., and have always had a passion for doing good things for our earth. I am currently a senior at N.C. State University majoring in Graphic Design and am working at both Whole Foods and the DPPEA. I am passionate about the environment and a sustainable lifestyle. I love to create. It gives me purpose and a sense of accomplishment. To have been given a role to create for a greater cause and to promote awareness is extremely rewarding and I consider myself fortunate. When I’m not designing, baking or making jewelry I will most likely be found outside. I’m an active individual who likes having things to do. My life experiences have made me who I am today and have set me on a certain path; I’m pretty happy with where I’ve ended up.

No comments: