N.C. DPPEA is making 10, $1,000 truck advertisement grants available to local governments on a first come-first served basis. These grants are available through DPPEA and reimbursement must be requested before June 30, 2009.
To be eligible for a grant, a local government must:
- Be operating a recycling program.
- Own trash and/or recycling vehicles.
- Be willing to install truck advertisements on local government owned collection vehicles.
- Be willing to brand with the Recycle Guys and/or RE3.org on the advertisement; however, the local government can design the ad.
- Agree to complete the project and request expense reimbursement no later than June 30, 2009.
To apply for funding, e-mail a Word document request to Kelley Dennings at email@example.com in the following format:
- Short description and budget of the project, including:
1. number and kind of local government collection vehicles
2. size, type and quantity of truck advertisement(s)
3. truck advertisement draft message or graphic desired
4. estimated price per advertisement and vendor name (note: no match is required for these grants, but additional local expenditures are welcome, especially those using local disposal tax revenues).
- Implementation timeline, including completion by June 30, 2009.
All selected recipients will be asked to sign a simple Memorandum of Understanding before making project purchases. Local governments will purchase the advertisements and submit for reimbursement to DPPEA. Up to 10 individual $1,000 projects will receive funding. If you have any questions, please contact Kelley Dennings at the e-mail address above or (919) 715-6507.