- At your friend’s parties, he never puts out a recycling bin for party guests to toss their empty cans and bottles.
- At family gatherings, that family member always starts up a conversation about how recycling is not worth her time and effort.
- At work, that coworker always tosses her plastic bottle in the trashcan, giving you no choice but to fish it out once she has left the break room.
- That neighbor’s trashcan is overflowing with cardboard and aluminum cans every week, and his recycling bin is shoved up under his back deck.
Maybe people like this just need the facts given to them plain and simple. Jot down this list of reasons to recycle so you’ll be ready the next time you have the opportunity to shine the recycling light on those around you who just don’t get it.
- Recycling helps prevent the need for more landfills.
- Recycling also reduces problems associated with trash and litter.
- Recycling helps to conserve natural resources.
- Recycling also saves energy and reduces pollution.
- Recycling has created more than 14,000 jobs in North Carolina
Want a more detailed explanation of why recycling is important? Try this link: http://www.re3.org/facts.htm